For an overview of the subjects offered by this programme in the current year, check out the e-Prospectus: http://studiegids.leidenuniv.nl/studies/show/arts-and-culture. The subjects can vary from year to year.
The programme consists of 60 EC, to be completed in one year.
Part-time students complete the programme in 1,5 years, they will have a course load of 20 EC per semester. Courses are scheduled during office hours.
The structure of the programme is the following:
- Practices and Debates (5 credits);
- Two Research Seminars from the chosen specialisation in the master's programme in Arts and Culture (20 credits);
- Free Component (10 credits);
- Thesis Seminar (5 credits);
- Thesis (20 credits).
- Art and Architecture before 1800
- Museums and Collections
- Art of the Contemporary World and World Art Studies
- Design, Culture and Society
Requirements for graduation are:
- Successful completion of courses, following the structure of the programme (40 EC)
- Successful completion of MA Thesis (20 EC)
Students need to complete at least 45 EC within their field of specialization:
- 2 Research seminars in field of specialisation (20 EC);
- Thesis seminar (5 EC);
- Thesis (20 EC).
Subject may vary year per year. https://studiegids.leidenuniv.nl/studies/show/arts-and-culture