International Business and Management
|!||Deze opleiding communiceert alleen in het Engels.|
We tonen daarom de Engelstalige opleidingsinformatie.
|typeregulier, 60 EC|
|start1 februari, 1 september|
|opleidingsduur12 maanden voltijd|
The MSc IB&M is a broad programme with a rich set of electives to choose from. You can also opt for one of our double degrees, with the University of Newcastle or with Fudan University in Shanghai.
In the programme, you will learn to approach issues in global management with an open mind and how to deal with them systematically and creatively. Your analytical and professional set of skills will be expanded to include the latest theories and tools in developing strategies for managing multinational enterprises and for firms to operate across borders.
Specific attention is paid to comparative analyses of countries, institutions, cultures and, of course, companies and their strategies. You will be trained to apply this knowledge to the development of company strategies, instruments and processes. You will also learn to analyse the purchasing and sales markets in different countries, understand various institutional environments and develop policy proposals. The programme further offers the opportunity to focus on either the Energy Focus area or the Sustainable Society Focus Area area. At the end of your studies, you will receive an MSc in International Business & Management from the University of Groningen, one of Europe’s top tier business schools.
Waarom aan de RUG?
- International Business and Management (IB&M) offers an academic and analytical approach to solving real-world problems in international management. It provides a multidisciplinary perspective on multinational business activity and managing across borders. The programme has been internationally accredited by the AACSB and EQUIS, ensuring a high-quality education, which only 1% of universities reach worldwide.
- You will study in a vibrant university city together with students from all around the world. You will get accustomed to working in an international environment. For example, in the course Managing Cultural Differences, you will learn to work in a real-world virtual, multinational team. This unique experiential exercise requires you to work with students from overseas universities over several weeks to solve a real-world strategic issue faced by a company and give them advice. This is a good example of how the MSc IB&M combines theory and application and helps you to learn about and improve your cross-cultural competencies.
- The content of the programme is continuously being evaluated and improved in consultation with students, lecturers and the business community, for instance through the Advisory Board. Directors and managers from Akzo Nobel, Heineken, ASM, VimpelCom and Charity Fund Rijsholt are represented in the Advisory Board.
Managing Cultural Differences
Master's Thesis IB&M afstuderen
Comparative Environmental Analysis
International Business Strategy (MSc)
Research Seminar for IB&M
Elective(s) MSc IB&M A
Elective(s) MSc IB&M B
specialisatie DDM Advanced International Business Management and Marketing
1.5 year Double Degree Master in Marketing and IB&M, offered by the University of Groningen together with the University of Newcastle.
specialisatie DDM China and the World Economy
2 year Double Degree Master in Groningen and Fudan University Shanghai.
specialisatie Sustainable Society Focus Area
Focus your MSc on Sustainable Society and gain specialised knowledge in the field. There are two steps to the Sustainable Society Focus Area-
- complete two electives from a predetermined list 2) write and round off an MSc thesis on a sustainable society topic
specialisatie Energy Focus Area
Focus your MSc on Energy and open up extra career opportunities. There are two steps to the Energy Focus Area-
- complete two of four chosen electives 2) write and round off an MSc thesis on an energy topic
specialisatie Master Internship
Opportunity to gain work experience by doing an internship in the second semester of your study.
You will be rewarded 15 ECTS on top of your programme. Your thesis will be postponed to the third semester.
|taal van onderwijs||100% en|
onderwijsvormencase study, literature study, oral presentation, internship, computer exercise, research, research project, research proposal, tutorial, lecture, working group, group assignment, group discussion, individual assignment, practicum, self study, project
study guidanceStudying means working independently and planning your studies yourself. But successful studying depends on many different factors, so it is understandable that you may need to consult an impartial expert to discuss your study progress and personal circumstances that influence your studies. The faculty's study advisors are available to help you. Obviously, everything discussed with the study advisor remains confidential.
study abroadStudy abroad is compulsory when you choose one of the Double Degree Masters.
- Newcastle University Business School Double Degree - Groot Brittanie
This 90 ECTS double degree programme (with Newcastle University Business School) gives you the opportunity to engage with the issues experienced by internationally orientated organisations. http://www.rug.nl/feb/ddIBMM
Toelating en kosten
aanmelding deadline : 15 oktober 2021
collegegeld nog niet bekend
aanmelding deadline : 1 mei 2022
collegegeld nog niet bekend
Students with a Dutch diploma can apply directly to Studielink. More information on the steps to apply.
To be eligible for admission to this Master, you need to hold an academic Bachelor's or Master's degree from a research university in one of the following - or closely related - fields: Business Administration, Econometrics and Operations Research, Economics and Business Economics, International Business.
To assess whether your educational/academic background meets the specific programme requirements, we will consider the level and curriculum of your previous studies. For more information, please visit: https://www.rug.nl/feb/apply-msc.
inbegrepen in collegegeld
estimated monthly costs
|€||303||kamerhuur in Groningenrond het landelijk gemiddelde|
|€||172||collegegeldop basis van € 2060 per jaar|
|€||80||studieboeken en -spullen|
|€||77||uiterlijkkleding, kapper, schoenen|
|€||132||vrije tijdstappen, uit eten, vakantie|
|€||42||vervoernaast de OV-kaart|
|€||1171||totale maandelijkse uitgaven landelijk gemiddelde is € 1181|
Studenten en studentenleven
|166||studenten volgen deze opleiding|
|46%||daarvan is vrouw|
|40||eerstejaars gestart in 2019|
|35%||daarvan is vrouw|
|29331||studenten aan de Rijksuniversiteit Groningen|
|51%||daarvan is vrouw|
EBFThe Economics and Business Faculty association (EBF) is the faculty association for all students studying at the faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Groningen.
The EBF is your partner during your time in Groningen by organising events that support you with your studies and help you prepare for your future career.
Master Community - IBMMake the most of your master by getting to know your fellow students and prepare for your future career.
Op kamers in Groningen
|€ 303||gemiddelde kamerprijs|
|21 m2||gemiddelde kameroppervlak|
Feiten en / studie in cijfers
Na de studie
Beroepsperspectief / arbeidsmarkt
As a graduate, your degree will be highly valued in the labour market. The Faculty of Economics and Business is internationally accredited and belongs to the 1% of business schools arou
FEB Career Services
When you become a student at the faculty, we want to support you in developing your career and strengthen your employability skills. You can count on a dedicated on-campus Career Services team offering you a wide range of courses, workshops, events and career-related support during your studies. Everything you need to enter the labour market.