|!||Deze opleiding communiceert alleen in het Engels.|
We tonen daarom de Engelstalige opleidingsinformatie.
|typeregulier, post-initieel, 90 EC|
|opleidingsduur2 jaar deeltijd|
Furthermore, the curriculum is a mix of state-of-the art theory taught by renowned academic professors, and it includes practical application of this knowledge taught by people with extensive industry experience. In the curriculum, much time will be devoted to the '21 st century skills' - the skills required to become successful in this age: entrepreneurship / entrepreneurial attitude, flexibility, teamwork, communication skills and ethics."
Dean of the Amsterdam Business School
Director of the MBA in Big Data & Business Analytics
Waarom aan de Amsterdam UVA?
The Amsterdam Business School has recently been accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA). This means the MBA Big Data acquired triple crown status. Worldwide, only 1% of all business schools/faculties with business programmes have managed to achieve this prestigious status.
The Association of MBAs (AMBA) is the international impartial authority on postgraduate business education, established in 1967 by a small group of business graduates with the aim to raise the profile of business education and the MBA qualification in UK and Europe. This accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and MBM programmes.
As the longest serving global association dedicated to advancing management education worldwide, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accredits 746 of the world's best business schools across 51 countries and territories.
The Amsterdam Business School is EQUIS accredited. The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) is an international organisation for business school based in Brussels. The aim of the EQUIS accreditation process is to raise management education standards.
The Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO) is the independent accreditation organisation set up by the Dutch and Flemish governments, whose primary goal it is to provide an expert and objective judgement of the quality of higher education in Flanders and the Netherlands.
- Two-year part-time programme (2 evenings per week);
- Balanced curriculum consisting of Business courses (e.g. strategy, finance, marketing, HRM), Analytics courses (e.g. statistics, econometrics, system optimization) and Computer Science courses (e.g. machine learning, data visualisation);
- All lecturers combine theory with practical applications;
- Silicon Valley study trip and Big Data Thesis Project will be part of the programme;
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA) granted by the University of Amsterdam;
- This MBA will start in September 2017.
Big Data Strategy & Implementation
Amsterdam Leadership Programme
Law & Ethics for Big Data
Big Data Infrastructures & Technology
Operations & Supply Chain Management
International Study Trip
MBA Big Data Thesis Project
Leading People Strategically
|taal van onderwijs||100% en|
onderwijsvormencase study, computer exercise, excursion, group discussion, group assignment, lecture, individual assignment, literature study, oral presentation, research, research project, research proposal, practicum, project, seminar, tutorial, working group, self study
instruction modesExcursion: One week international field trip on Entrepreneurship and Innovation
objectivesThe MBA Big Data & Business Analytics is a part-time programme:
- Duration: 2 years
- Courses: 2 evenings per week, 19:00 – 22:00 hours
- Time requirements: 20 – 25 hours per week for preparation, case work and project
- One week field trip to Silicon Valley on Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Thesis Project: Application of Big Data in your own organization
Toelating en kosten
collegegeld nog niet bekend
collegegeld nog niet bekend
Please find below the process that follows after you applied online:
- After receiving your complete application we will evaluate your profile;
- If your application is assessed positively we will invite you for the admissions interview;
- After the interview your application will be discussed by the Admissions Committee. Within 4 weeks you will receive a final decision;
- If you are admitted we will ask you to sign the contract and transfer the enrolment fee in order to secure your place in the MBA Big Data & Business Analytics programme
- After signing your contract we need to view and/or receive your original documents or certified copies of these documents (i.e. diplomas, transcripts, GMAT score report).
For the latest information an application and admission, please visit our website https://bit.ly/2NopgRu > Admission and application.
We require a minimum GMAT score of 630 and a minimum analytical writing score of approximately 4.0 (or a GRE equivalent)
Candidates with a relevant Master's degree (MSc or MA) from an internationally recognised research university and a minimum of three years post-graduate full-time work experience may be exempt from the GMAT/GRE requirement.
English language proficiency
We require documentation of English language proficiency. Minimum TOEFL score: 100 or IELTS score: 7.0. You may be exempt from this requirement if:
- you are a native speaker of English;
- you have at least 2 years of professional experience in an English speaking work environment;
- you have taken an English-taught Bachelor or Master degree;
- you obtained a Dutch VWO high school diploma.
Bachelor or Master degree
Participants require a Bachelor's or Master's degree and a solid quantitative background, e.g. from engineering, economics, psychology, mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry, biology, etc. In special cases the programme director could decide to allow for applications to be submitted by candidates with alternative degrees and backgrounds.
A minimum of three years of relevant business experience. Given the fact that Big Data is a relatively new subject, the programme director will decide on a case by case basis whether the applicant has sufficient (practical) experience to be able to participate in this programme.
Two letters of recommendations
Motivation letter (your letter should not exceed 700 words)
inbegrepen in collegegeld
estimated monthly costs
|€||424||kamerhuur in Amsterdamboven landelijk gemiddelde|
|€||172||collegegeldop basis van € 2060 per jaar|
|€||80||studieboeken en -spullen|
|€||77||uiterlijkkleding, kapper, schoenen|
|€||132||vrije tijdstappen, uit eten, vakantie|
|€||42||vervoernaast de OV-kaart|
|€||1292||totale maandelijkse uitgaven landelijk gemiddelde is € 1181|
Studenten en studentenleven
|?||studenten volgen deze opleiding|
|?%||daarvan is vrouw|
|?||eerstejaars gestart in 2017|
|?%||daarvan is vrouw|
|32588||studenten aan de Universiteit van Amsterdam|
|55%||daarvan is vrouw|
Op kamers in Amsterdam
|€ 424||gemiddelde kamerprijs|
|21 m2||gemiddelde kameroppervlak|
Na de studie
- Hands-on Big Data experts;
- Leaders in data intensive industries;
- Entrepreneurs in Big Data and Business Analytics;
- For everyone that aspire these positions in the future.
Beroepsperspectief / arbeidsmarkt
LinkedIn has researched the job searches in many countries worldwide. At turns out that the number of searches for Big Data and Business Analytics jobs exceeds all other searches by far. See for the LinkedIn research.
McKinsey & Company predicts a shortfall of 140-190,000 experts and 1.5 million managers by 2018.
Nationale Denktank (a national foundation that aims to improve the cooperation and knowledge exchange between the academic, public and private sector) predicts a shortfall of 8,000 experts in the Netherlands by 2018.
|Universiteit Leiden||Leraar VHO in Bedrijfseconomie educational||+ aanv. eisen|
|Universiteit Leiden||Leraar VHO in Bedrijfseconomie part-time educational||+ aanv. eisen|
|Amsterdam UVA||Lerarenopleiding Management en organisatie part-time educational||+ aanv. eisen|