|!||Deze opleiding communiceert alleen in het Engels.|
We tonen daarom de Engelstalige opleidingsinformatie.
Learn to understand and analyze organizations from an interdisciplinary perspective by combining insights from organization science, sociology, psychology, and business management. The Master in Organization Studies is designed for those seeking a sound theoretical basis in organization studies, a deeper level of understanding about how organizations deal with complexity and dynamics and an advanced level study that will generate transferable skills and facilitate employment in a great variety of organizations.
The Master's program focuses on 2 central organizational concepts:
- Complexity: one of the key contemporary organizational issues. Individuals, groups, organizations and networks are embedded in complex webs of interdependent relations which can be of social, institutional or economic character. Dealing appropriately with complex relations is crucial for the good functioning of organizations and cooperations.
- Dynamics: environmental changes that influence the choice of organizing processes and organizational forms and strategies. How organizations deal with these dynamic changes influences on the way they function.
|diplomaMSc Organisation Studies|
|typeregulier, 60 EC|
|opleidingsduur12 maanden voltijd|
|heeft geen numerus fixus|
Waarom aan de Tilburg University?
2017 : score 62, 1e plaats
- An interdisciplinary approach to the analysis of today's organizations
- Advanced-level study that will generate transferable analytical skills and facilitate employment in a wide variety of organizations
- Linked to the research program of Organization Studies
- We offer an extra Extended Master's Program Organization Studies with a one-year professional traineeship
- Small class sizes facilitating high level of student-staff interaction
6 content courses (33 ECTS)
1 Master's Seminar in Organization Studies (6 ECTS)
Master's thesis (24 ECTS)
You can only start end of August.
With the extended master's program (1.5 year), you have the opportunity to strengthen your career prospects by adding a one-year professional traineeship to your Master's program in a wide range of companies.
Learn to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-informed solutions to those problems, communicate these effectively with the relevant stakeholders in their respective organizations, and manage the implementation processes.
Practice related teamwork is a key part of the program:
- Frequent group assignments in real-life settings, as well as through the acquisition of knowledge on team processes.
- Support and feedback from a small group of fellow students while writing your thesis in so-called Thesis Circles.
- Small-scale, interactive education provided by leading scientists in their field.
Extend your master with a traineeship. The Extended Master adds a one-year professional traineeship to the program with a wide range of companies to choose from. The total duration of the Extended Master is 1.5 years (only 0.5 years extra).
Evidence Based Intervention.
Master's Seminar Organization Studies
Master's Thesis Organization Studies afstuderen
Complexity within Organizations.
Organizing Strategy and Entrepreneurship.
Societal Developments and Institutions.
specialisatie Extended Master Organization Studies
Students who are admitted to the Master Organization Studies can apply for the Extended Master Organization Studies, which takes 18 months.
The Extended Master combines academic education and scientific research during the Master's thesis trajectory with in-depth work experience in an organization to an extent that is not possible in the one-year Master's program.
In the first semester, students follow the same courses as the regular Master's program. In the second and third semester of the Extended Master, students follow a junior traineeship in one of the partner organizations of the Department of Organization Studies. During the junior traineeship, students spend an average of 50% of the week on their Master's thesis research. The other half of the week, students carry out (project) activities for the partner organization. Students thereby become acquainted with different stages and aspects of the consultancy process (as either an external or an internal consultant, dealing with processes of organization change and development), and add a year of real working experience to their CV.
specialisatie Premaster Organization Studies
The Pre-Master's program in Organization Studies is a one-year program that prepares students for the Master's Program in Organization Studies.
The Pre-Master's programs in Organization Studies is designed for (1) Dutch students with a relevant Dutch HBO degree, and (2) Dutch and international students with a university degree that does not entirely meet the admission requirements of the Master's program.
|taal van onderwijs||100% en|
3 reasons to study Organization Studies:
- Multi-disciplinary approach to studying organizations
- Social Science perspective on organizations and organizing
- Small-scale, research-based education
Toelating en studiekosten
|1 september 2018||wettelijk tarief : € 2060|
instellingstarief : € 14500
niet-EU/EER studenten : € 14500
|1 september 2019||wettelijk tarief : € 2083|
instellingstarief : € 14600
niet-EU/EER studenten : € 14600
Basic knowledge of social science theories.
Basic knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and statistics.
Basic knowledge of relevant subjects in organization theory and the sociology of organizations and/or organization psychology.
This Master's program may be of interest to students with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in the areas of economics, political science, management, sociology and psychology.
|€ 75||studiematerialenper jaar|
|€ 192||visa/permitvoor de gehele opleiding|
inbegrepen in collegegeld
estimated monthly costs
|€||253||kamerhuur in Tilburgonder landelijk gemiddelde|
|€||158||collegegeldop basis van € 1906 per jaar|
|€||80||studieboeken en -spullen|
|€||77||uiterlijkkleding, kapper, schoenen|
|€||132||vrije tijdstappen, uit eten, vakantie|
|€||42||vervoernaast de OV-kaart|
|€||1121||totale maandelijkse uitgaven landelijk gemiddelde is € 1181|
Studenten en studentenleven
|136||studenten volgen deze opleiding|
|54%||daarvan is vrouw|
|83||eerstejaars gestart in 2017|
|51%||daarvan is vrouw|
|13038||studenten aan de Tilburg University|
|48%||daarvan is vrouw|
Op kamers in Tilburg
|€ 253||gemiddelde kamerprijs|
|17 m2||gemiddelde kameroppervlak|
Organizing for Global Social Challenges (track of Organization Studies)
|€ gemiddelde kamerhuur|
|? uur contacttijd/week|
Feiten en / studie in cijfers
Na de studie
Students can also apply for the Extended Master Organization Studies, which takes 18 months.The Extended Master combines academic education and scientific research during the Master's thesis trajectory with in-depth work experience in an organization to an extent that is not possible in the one-year Master's program
Beroepsperspectief / arbeidsmarkt
current job market
- management consultant
- policy adviser
- quality project manager