|!||Deze opleiding communiceert alleen in het Engels.|
We tonen daarom de Engelstalige opleidingsinformatie.
|typeregulier, 120 EC|
|opleidingsduur2 jaar voltijd|
After completion, the student will receive a double MSc degree in engineering with diplomas from two of the host institutions attended.
EWEM has four specializations that follow the energy conversion chain:
- Wind Physics
- Rotor Design
- Electric Power Systems
- Offshore Engineering
The European Wind Energy Master consortium is composed of four Universities, world leaders in Wind Energy and Offshore Wind Energy research and education:
- Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
- Delft University of Technology
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Technical University of Denmark
Depending on the choice of specialisation, the student will spend different semesters at the different partner universities, benefiting from a range of expert lecturers and truly international education.
Waarom aan de TU Delft?
- Diplomas of two leading universities in the field of Wind Energy
- Travel to min. two, max. four countries without delaying you study
- Involvement of industry
- International classrorom
track Wind Physics
The Wind Physics track allows students master the specific technical knowledge required in one or more of the sub-fields of Wind Resource Assessment.
The Wind Physics graduate:
- masters an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the field of fluid dynamics, both theoretical and experimental, alongside relevant engineering methods and applications, including a critical awareness of current issues and developments in the subject,
- is able to apply advanced techniques for flow measurement and computation, as well as mathematical concepts and tools, with a strong component of advanced statistical knowledge and its application to the analysis of meteorological time series,
- understands the mechanisms responsible for winds in the atmosphere, the atmospheric boundary layer and the phenomena that define its development,
- is able to model and analyse the interaction between topography, atmospheric boundary layer and energy yield as well as the interaction of boundary layer and wind farms, incl. wake effects,
- masters the topic of atmospheric turbulence and its impact on loading of structures, with application to wind turbines,
- has practical knowledge and experience of field measurement.
track Rotor Design
The Rotor Design track allows students master the specific technical knowledge required in one or more of the sub-fields of Wind Turbine Rotor R&D.
The Rotor Design graduate
- masters an in-depth understanding of the field of rotor aerodynamics, aero-elasticity and blade technology, both theoretical and experimental, alongside with relevant engineering methods and applications and a critical awareness of current issues and developments in the subject,
- is able to apply and judge advanced analysis and design techniques in one elective profile: Aerodynamics, Structures and Design, Composite Design Material Production and Manufacturing.
track Electric Power Systems
The Electric Power Systems track allows the master students to get the technical knowledge about components and systems required for renewable energy integration within the power system.
The Electric Power Systems graduate:
- has a fundamental knowledge about the physical components of power systems, power electronics, new designs of HVDC systems and control theory,
has the technical knowledge about components and systems required for renewable energy integration within the power system,
- demonstrates competences of modelling and analysis of composite systems both from a steady state and a dynamic point of view,
- masters the design of electrical power systems and its components with special attention on reliability, protection as well as operation and maintenance in offshore applications.
The track will allow students to get a combination of the standard power system analysis skill and a specialization within electric power systems for offshore application. Flexibility will then be given to a specialization within the fields of electric power systems for offshore wind farms, off-shore grids or technical and economic integration aspects of intermittent generation.
track Offshore Engineering
The Offshore Engineering track trains students to master the interpretation of environmental data. Manufacturing, transport, installation and operations & maintenance will be treated in detail.
the Offshore Engineering graduate:
- is knowledgeable of the specific cost drivers in offshore wind energy: installation, accessibility & maintenance and design of structures,
- masters the process of design of offshore support structures, both bottom-mounted and floating, including design for extreme and fatigue load, soil-structure interaction as well as fabrication and installation issues,
- is able to develop hydrodynamic models and apply them; apply probabilistic design methodologies and stochastic models of soil, wind and waves to the structural design,
- to model and optimize the layout of offshore wind farms, applying its knowledge of the installation, operation and maintenance process of offshore wind farms,
- is able to model soil mechanics and to model, design and optimize mooring systems.
|taal van onderwijs||100% en|
onderwijsvormencase study, literature study, colloquium, oral presentation, internship, computer exercise, research, research project, excursion, research proposal, tutorial, lecture, design project, working group, group assignment, workshop, group discussion, poster presentation, individual assignment, practicum, self study, project, seminar
- minimaal 20 EC in de eerste 6 maanden
- minimaal 50 EC in de eerste 12 maanden
- minimaal 65 EC in de eerste 18 maanden
Toelating en kosten
aanmelding deadline : 1 april 2019
collegegeld nog niet bekend
aanmelding deadline : 1 april 2020
collegegeld nog niet bekend
Proof of English language proficiency (certificates older than two years are not accepted):
A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 90 (internet-based test). Please note that we only accept the TOEFL internet-based test.
Or IELTS (academic version) overall Band score of at least 6.5.
Wind Physics: Mechanical engineering, Aerospace engineering, Mathematics or Physics
Rotor Design: Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Physics
Electric Power Systems: Electrical engineering, Physics
Offshore Engineering: Civil engineering, Structural engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Physics.
Similar backgrounds accepted if proven relevant
inbegrepen in collegegeld
estimated monthly costs
|€||312||kamerhuur in Delftrond het landelijk gemiddelde|
|€||172||collegegeldop basis van € 2060 per jaar|
|€||80||studieboeken en -spullen|
|€||77||uiterlijkkleding, kapper, schoenen|
|€||132||vrije tijdstappen, uit eten, vakantie|
|€||42||vervoernaast de OV-kaart|
|€||1180||totale maandelijkse uitgaven landelijk gemiddelde is € 1181|
Studenten en studentenleven
|?||studenten volgen deze opleiding|
|?%||daarvan is vrouw|
|?||eerstejaars gestart in|
|?%||daarvan is vrouw|
|23325||studenten aan de Technische Universiteit Delft|
|27%||daarvan is vrouw|
Op kamers in Delft
|€ 312||gemiddelde kamerprijs|
|21 m2||gemiddelde kameroppervlak|