|!||Deze opleiding communiceert alleen in het Engels.|
We tonen daarom de Engelstalige opleidingsinformatie.
Ever wondered where plastics will come from after oil runs out? Is it possible to produce functional materials and plastics from biological resources? Can novel sustainable materials be produced based on the molecular structures available in nature?
In the master biobased materials we will provide you with the knowledge and competences to deal with these challenges.
Biobased: sustainable materials with possibly completely new properties
Planet Earth is running out of fossil fuels. Alternative resources for materials and plastics need to be found and developed. A new generation of scientists is required to discover novel materials and sustainable production methods making use of biological resources. This provides an opportunity for the development of novel materials with completely new material properties. This programme prepares you for a career in research, development, production and application of bio-based materials to aid in the transition towards a more sustainable and biobased economy.
|typeregulier, 120 EC|
|opleidingsduur2 jaar voltijd|
|heeft geen numerus fixus|
Waarom aan de Maastricht University?
- A multi-disciplinary programme in biobased materials science
- An open curriculum in which the students can choose their own track in the field of biobased materials
- A novel way of teaching materials science at master level using problem based learning and research based learning
- A clear connection to local industry involved in research and development of materials and polymers, also the biobased variants of these and new biobased polymers
- A clear connection to highly relevant developments within science, industry and society
- This programme is situated at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus; next to one of the largest chemical sites in europe with state-of-the-art nfrastructure and laboratory facilities
- A highly motivated staff who has the expertise within the field of biobased materials, combined with industrial experience enriching their view on this topic
- A curriculum that not only aims for knowledge transfer but also strongly involves competence and skills development into the programme
- Possibility to meet your future employer on-site or in the region
|taal van onderwijs||100% en|
onderwijsvormencase study, research project, lecture, working group, group assignment, group discussion, practicum, self study, project, laboratory work
objectivesMaster teaching modules
Courses: you will study problems within the field of biobased materials, improving your knowledge and problem-solving skills. You will study using problem-based and research-based learning. You will work in small groups and work on real-life topics and problems, facing the researchers working on the Chemelot campus.
Projects: In the projects you will do your own piece of research in small groups. You will design your own experiments and get the opportunity to research nov
teachersHighly motivated staff who has the expertise within the field of biobased materials, combined with industrial experience enriching their view on this topic.
In RBL you work on contemporary research topics as part of your education. In this programme, the practical skills trainings are incorporated in the courses. In this way a full integration of academic and practical skills can be obtained. Additionally, in the projects, you will integrate your knowledge and competences and explore creative ways to find solutions to genuine research problems from academic and industrial practices.
In RBL you will study both fundamental and more applied research problems of which the answer is not yet known. In this way it is also possible to get local industry and research institutes, present on the Brightlands Chemelot campus interested and involved in the academic community.
Toelating en studiekosten
|1 september 2017||aanmelding deadline : 1 mei 2017|
wettelijk tarief : € 2006
instellingstarief : € 17500
niet-EU/EER studenten : € 17500
|1 september 2018||aanmelding deadline : 1 mei 2018|
collegegeld nog niet bekend
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your (bachelor) diploma, including diploma supplement (if available)
- List of grades
- Motivation letter (2 A4 maximum)
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of your IELTS/TOEFL results (if applicable)
- Copy of your passport (valid on 1 September 2015)
- Passport picture
If you hold a UM bachelor's degree, you do not need to upload your degree certificate, grades transcripts, passport picture or passport (unless your passport is no longer valid on 1 September 2016).
When the documentation demonstrates you are admissible for the master, you will be invited for an interview. The interview will be conducted by the admission officer and a member of the teaching staff. The board of admissions will take the final decision concerning admission of the applicant based on all documents provided, the interview, the bachelor diploma and obtained results during previous studies.
Copy of your IELTS/TOEFL results (if applicable)
15 ECTS (or equivalent) in mathematics at bachelor level.
A bachelor diploma in one of the fields listed below:
- Biological studies relevant to the field of biobased materials
- Polymer science and engineering
- Biomedial engineering
- and other bachelor programmes related to chemistry and/ or materials.
2 reference letters
2 A4 maximum
|€ 100||visa/permitper jaar|
inbegrepen in collegegeld
estimated monthly costs
|€||0||kamerhuur in onder landelijk gemiddelde|
|€||158||collegegeldop basis van € 1906 per jaar|
|€||80||studieboeken en -spullen|
|€||77||uiterlijkkleding, kapper, schoenen|
|€||132||vrije tijdstappen, uit eten, vakantie|
|€||42||vervoernaast de OV-kaart|
|€||868||totale maandelijkse uitgaven landelijk gemiddelde is € 1181|
Studenten en studentenleven
|6||studenten volgen deze opleiding|
|67%||daarvan is vrouw|
|3||eerstejaars gestart in 2015|
|100%||daarvan is vrouw|
|15863||studenten aan de Maastricht University|
|58%||daarvan is vrouw|
Op kamers in
|? m2||gemiddelde kameroppervlak|
Na de studie
Beroepsperspectief / arbeidsmarkt
current job market
vergeleken met andere studies
|zoektijd baan||zeer goed|
|salaris na 1,5 jaar||goed|
|kans op een vaste baan||goed|